Friday, March 30, 2012

Completely His

“Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away."
Song of Solomon 2:10

Yes, I do realize that my last three posts have all been (somewhat) about the sane topic. That is because it is something that I have been thinking hard about lately, and I keep going back and forth like a spiritual-bipolar. Maybe I think too much about things...

And the truth is, I still don't have an ultimate answer. I never will. We make answers for ourselves and God laughs: not in a condescending way, but the way a Father does when his little girl tells him that fairies are what make the rain fall. We are like that little girl. We don't have the answers. We never will. But I do know what my answer is for now.

For now, I want to be completely His.

Close your eyes and listen hard enough and you can hear Him. You can hear Him whispering. You can hear his Greatness screaming out from the world around you, radiating from the sky, shaking up from the ground. He is hidden away in another realm, yet unbearably close. His presence sets my blood on fire. His word is like bread, and I am always hungry. I always want more. I always want something else to drink. He is the first person I talk to in the morning, and the last person I think of before I go to sleep. He is my reason for living, my sole reason for existence. How can I belong to anyone else but Him? He is forever woven into my life. Nothing can detach me from Him. Nothing can snatch me out of His hand. He is my Hero, my Savior, my King. He is everything Good, and everything Beautiful. He is Everlasting. He is Lord. He is Love. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light. He is only Way. He is Life. He is God. Yet He chose me. He chose you. We are His bride.




And I want to be completely His. I want my life to be lived as worship for Him. True Worship, following the kind where everyone raises their hands in the air, reaching for the Son of Man, screaming at the top of their lungs, never wishing to stop singing His Name, never wishing Him to leave, completely in love, completely consumed, completely on fire.


This is how we are called to live.



And so, dear brothers and sisters,

I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you.

Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind he will find acceptable.

This is truly the way to worship Him.

Romans 12:1




Photo One: http://www.eexploria.com/breathtaking-examples-of-bridal-photography/
Photo Two: http://jonathanstone.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/prepared-to-worship/



* Paragraph with verses.
Close your eyes and listen hard enough and you can hear Him. You can hear Him whispering. You can hear his Greatness screaming out from the world around you, radiating from the sky, shaking from the ground. He is hidden away in another realm, yet unbearably close.[Psalm 8:3-9] His presence sets my blood on fire. His word is like bread, and I am always hungry. I always want more. [John 6:35] I always want something else to drink.[John 4:14] He is the first person I talk to in the morning, and the last person I think of before I go to sleep.[Joshua 1:8]He is my reason for living, my sole reason for existence.How can I belong to anyone else? [Psalm 139]He is forever woven into my life. Nothing can detach me from Him. [Romans 8:38-39]Nothing can snatch me out of His hand. [John 10:29]He is my Hero, my Savior, my King. [John 3:16-17, Isaiah 9:6]He is everything Good, and everything Beautiful. He is Everlasting. [Isaiah 40:48]He is Lord. He is Love. [1 John 4:8] He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light. He is only Way. He is Life. He is God. [John 14:6, John 10:30] Yet he chose me. He chose you. [1 John 2:2]We are His bride. [Revelation 19:7-9]

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! My favorite line: "not in a condescending way, but the way a Father does when his little girl tells him that fairies are what make the rain fall."

    ReplyDelete